94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to source and vet candidates, but only 36% of LinkedIn users are actively updating their profiles and using the site! Those statistics are encouraging for any users who want to make themselves stand out in the sea of candidates! A lot of people don't know where to start when it comes to updating their LinkedIn to attract recruiters and organizations; thankfully it doesn't have to be hard.
1) Your personal tagline should be relevant to your current or desired profession.
2) Think of the summary box as your elevator pitch, and use as many keywords as possible! You should be creative but also remember to keep it short and sweet. This makes it easier for recruiters to find your profile and to see what you're all about!
3) Always avoid grammatical and typo errors, just as you would on your resume! This is an instant turn-off and an easy way to weed people out (in the eyes of a recruiter).
4) Collect recommendations and testimonials from colleagues, supervisors, and industry professionals so they can speak to your experience and abilities! Think references 2.0.
5) Update your privacy settings to allow for people to contact you in the ways you would like.
Best of luck!